Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Serves 2 dozen
2 cups ground vanilla wafers or graham cracker crumbs
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 cup fresh blueberries
2/3 cup sugar
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2 ince overhang on both sides
2. Place crumbs in a large bowl, mix in melted butter and cinnamon until the mixture is the consistency of damp sand.
3. Press crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of baking dish to form the crust and refrigerate.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest until fully combined.
5. Spread the mixture over the chilled crust, using a rubber spatula to even it out.
6. Empty the blueberry pie filling with added blueberries evenly over the entire pan
7. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the center is jsut set but still jiggles.
8. Remove from oven and let cool completely before refrigerating at least 4 hours
9. Use the parchment paper to extract the block from the baking dish, cut into squares and serve chilled.